Name: Park Yoochun (믹키유천 or 秘奇有天/ 秘奇有仟)
Stage Name: Micky Yoochun
Birthday: 4 June 1986
Blood Type: O
Family: Mom, Dad, & Younger Brother
Hobbies: Composing, playing piano, basketball
Education: Kyunghee University
Vocal Position: Mid-Low
Special Ability: Singing, writing lyrics and composing music
Awards: 2001 American Singing Competition (Virginia) – Best Artist of the Competition | 2003 KBN Teens Singing Competition Special Award
Extra Information About Micky Yoochun
A gemini born in 1986, has the middle-low vocal part of the group. Along with Xiah, he is the middle voice of the group. Is an important figure that brightens up the mood and atmosphere with his funny personality. Perhaps he couldn’t hide his talent even when he was little, for he won the highest award at the Korean/American Music Contest and the KBN Music Contest for young adults. Is very interested in composing and wrote over 100 songs, and the members personally like his song the best out of the ones the members composed. Joined the team last year and left his family in America, and he admits that he sometimes misses driving around Virginia. But he says that this moment, right now, is the happiest of his life.
Called as Junsu’s Half, Yoochun is the perfect mate for playing and doing dorky things together. He, together with Junsu and his soulmate, Jaejoong, always find right time to doing dorky things, even in a serious event or concert. He really loves compose music, and produce many songs, collaborate with Jaejoong (Kiss Shita Mama, 3rd album) and Evergreen (3rd album) with Changmin, also his solo project : Runaway/My Girlfriend. Yoochun loves to read comics, watch dramas, eat mid-night snacks with Changmin, and play games with Yunho. And do you know? He reads Fullmetal Alchemist and plays Bleach game during concert rehearsal!!!
FACTS ABOUT MICKY YOOCHUN
• He will cry every time he thinks of his family in US when he is alone.
• Don’t let him feel alone and give him more love.
• He is afraid of screaming voice and horror movie, yea, but he also love to watch it!
• He likes girl who know how to dance.
• He will get mad if people left him alone. Once, he is in hospital, Xiah didn’t visit him, he get mad at Xiah, so remember to visit him when he‘s in hospital.
• He has sexy collar bones so he likes to wear v-neck cloths but don’t let him wear it during cold days.
• He can eat many snacks but better let him eat rice more! He is too skinny, you know?
• Micky’s and Yunho’s favorite drink is Tok-tok. They can drink 5 packets per day.
• He have a killer smile, causing blood loss, people that have weak heart could be killed by it.
• His favorite things are piano and coffee.
• Jaejoong and Hyunjoong are his great friends. They never bring other people along when having a get together.
• He’s not a night person, nor is he a morning person.
• He loves playing games and he believes he’s good at them. Therefore, he never has any rules.
• When he sees an attractive girl, he’s unable to take his eyes off of her.
• He likes to roll his pants up. It’s a new style he’s trying to endorse.
• He (as well as the rest of the members) are very supportive of SHINee. Before their debut, Yoochun would always buy food for them and supported them by fiving them advice.
Who is Micky Yoochun?
Park Umma (Micky’s mother and that’s what we call her here) dreamed of two golden bananas and thought she was going to give birth to twins. It was in her dream that her children would become musicians or artisically inclined. She didn’t have twins but was instead blessed with two wonderful sons, one of which would become a songwriter and a performer. She named her firstborn Yoochun who eventually became fond of Mickey Mouse, hence, the name Micky. ^^
Born on June 4, 1986, Park Yoochun had his formative years in Korea but later moved with his family to Virginia in the United States in 1998. When his parents divorced, Yoochun and his younger brother, Yoohwan, lived with their mother and as a responsible young lad at that time, Yoochun ended up taking all the part time jobs he could get to support his family. A natural born musician, his talent in singing got recognized when he joined the 2001 American Singing Competition in Virginia and won the Best Artist Award. He was then given the opportunity to go back to Korea to audition for SM Entertainment in Korea where he eventually became a trainee. Yoochun also joined the KBN Teens Singing Competition in 2003 and received the Special Award for the said competition.
On December 26, 2003, the group Dong Bang Shin Gi was introduced in Korea and Yoochun became part of it since, along with his four co-members, namely Xiah Junsu, Youngwoong Jaejoong, Choikang Changmin and U-know Yunho. His stage name became Micky Yoochun, combining the name he was called in the US and his first name. Micky eventually had his US citizenship canceled due to problems of having to go back to the US every now and then. He mentioned that he would join the Korean military at the age of 30, along with his co-members.
Little stuff we ought to know about MYC
○ He is left-handed but writes using his right hand.
○ He learned the piano all by himself. Even he didn’t know how to read notes, he was wise enough to imitate other people’s hand movements.
○ He does not want to get married. (He often stresses this during interviews but Yunho said that the person who usually says something like this will end up getting married first.)
○ He enjoys eating ramen while in Japan and would nag the other members to join him eat even during late at night. If they didn’t join him, he would blackmail them by saying stuff like, “If it was you who asked me, would I refuse?”
○ He dreams of buying a boat and wants his band to perform in that boat.
○ He had experienced getting lost in translation a couple of times. First was when his family moved to the US and he didn’t know any English then. Another one was when he came back to Korea that he had to adjust to speaking the Korean language again. And lastly, when the band started out in Japan, none of them knew Japanese.
○ On his 21st birthday, he was given 1000 CDs of different genre by his fans.
○ He considers Dong Bang Shin Gi as his most valuable treasure.
○ He was inspired by the song “Tears in Heaven” and that made him pursue a career in music.
○ He plans to go on vacation in Europe with his family, particularly in Switzerland and France (Provence).
○ He always sleeps with the aircon on even during winter.
○ He was once labeled as a ‘Homme Fatale’ (Dangerous Male) by his Korean fans.
○ The first big thing he got for himself was a piano. He bought it after saving all the money he got from working six part time jobs back in the US
○ Because of his natural charm and good looks, he already had a fan club at the tender age of 12 (and he wasn’t a member of TVXQ yet!). A former classmate once revealed this truth on the show called Happy Together Friends.
Micky’s contributions to popular media
○ Wrote Space, Between the Sky and the Ocean 공간, 하늘과 바다사이, a narration for the third Korean single Hi Ya Ya
○ Composed Fox Rain/Like Weather 여우비
○ Wrote the lyrics for Holding Back The Tears which was included in the original soundtrack for Vacation
○ Composed and wrote lyrics for My Girlfriend, featured in the Runaway/My Girlfriend Japanese single
○ Appeared in Magolpy’s debut music video Girl in Flight 비행소녀
○ Vocals featured in DJ Makai’s song Tokyo Lovelight
○ Composed Kiss shita mama, sayonara Kissしたまま、さよなら with Jaejoong
○ Composed Evergreen with Changmin for the 2007 Winter Album of SM Town
○ Composed Kiss The Baby Sky, the theme song for the Japanese program Zoom In
○ Composed and wrote lyrics for Love Bye Love 사랑 안녕 사랑 Sarang Annyeong Sarang
○ Wrote the rap lyrics for the song Señorita, a track from SHINee’s latest album Romeo
○ Co-wrote Colors: Melody and Harmony with Jaejoong, the theme song for Hello Kitty’s 35th anniversary and the carrier track for their upcoming single with the same title.
Micky en vogue
Micky’s fashion sense is mostly recognized when he’s out in public, like walking on a street or at the airport, and people would notice how he mixes and matches the stuff he wears. In fact, a poll was conducted by Channel V Thailand last 2008 and he was voted as their Asian Favorite Style. Even his mother admitted that as a young boy, Micky loved to dress up. When he was in his teenage years, he was conscious of his hair that when it got messed up even when he was already in school, he would go back home to fix it.
Micky is scared of little crawling creatures and spiders give him the most dread. When he sees one, he would usually ask Yoohwan to get rid of it because he’s too afraid to even look at it. Also, he admitted that he has fear of heights or being lifted up in the air. We would notice that during offshots or when he’s being lifted up because he shows a very wary look on his face. He also gets easily scared of horror movies, just like Yunho. But they still watch horror movies anyway.
Micky the songwriter
Being musically inclined since childhood, Micky has written over 100 songs up to date, 5 or so of which have been published, performed live and included in the albums and singles TVXQ released. Kiss the Baby Sky, a track included in Tohoshinki’s 25th single “Bolero/Kiss the Baby Sky/Wasurenaide”, became the theme song for the Japanese show called Zoom In. Micky never tires of writing songs that it’s the first thing he does when he wakes up in the morning.
According to Park Umma, Micky likes to drink and he usually drinks a glass of wine when he composes. There was even one time when umma joined him drinking. Micky asked for her advice when he was writing Love Bye Love, but later he was still the one who picked the title and called it Love Bye Love. Micky performed this song at their 3rd Asia Tour-Mirotic solo. He made some little changes on the lyrics and the arrangement of the song and it only made the song sound more emotional and heart breaking. Micky admitted once that the break up songs he wrote were 50% based from experience and 50% fictional.
Micky’s sexy clavicles
Early in 2009, Micky was voted in Korea to have the sexiest clavicles/collarbones. His collarbone and neck are sexy indeed, not to mention his broad shoulders which are to die for! And I swear once you see them bare, you will get distracted and it will make you look at his neck more often than necessary, especially when that Adam’s apple is moving up and down! *giggles*
Micky adores Harang
Micky had always been fond of dogs since he was young and had always wanted one. However, he was prone to allergies, especially to animal fur. Miraculously, after ten years, when Micky tried to play with a dog, he never had any allergic reaction. So then he decided to get himself a dog and named him Harang, meaning, gift from God. Harang has been Micky’s baby since and is a loyal friend to Micky. In fact, Micky even mentioned Harang a couple of times in his thank you notes for their 4th album Mirotic. In the spring of 2008, the pair were invited by Vogue Korea to attend their Fashion Pet event and the pair strutted their way to the event with poise and grace.
Micky’s lucrative mind
Micky was interviewed earlier this year in a Japanese magazine on what 2009 will be like. He replied, “The best year”. Quite right since on the first half of the year, not only was he able to get a new ride, he also started to venture in the business world. He first opened CreBeau-Kiss, a Chinese franchise of cosmetic products from the Creating Beauty chain, very similar to that of Korea’s The Face Shop. His second shop, that opened last May 2009, is a gelato franchise called Timeout Gelato. His mother is managing both shops and Micky also checks up on his business each time he goes back home in Korea.
Since TVXQ’s debut in 2003, Micky had sported all the possible hairstyles one could ever think of or imagine. His hair has tried dreadlocks, extensions, clip-ons, getting permed, been dyed to different colors several times and Micky even accidentally ended up having a sort of military look because of his desire to copy a certain actor’s hairstyle. His co-members would tease him often because his wide forehead was emphasized in that hairstyle. Still, he never gave up in trying different sorts of hairstyles. In fact, his hair is one of the mostly searched topics on Korean websites. See his different hairstyles here.
Micky has three tattoos in total. One is found on the lower portion of his back that says “TVFXQ MYC”. This tattoo is very similar to the one his ‘soulmate’ Jaejoong has on his upper back that reads “TVfXQ SOUL”. The second one is on his right leg, a Native American symbol that resembles a feather that means something along the lines of brotherhood and unity. His brother Yoohwan is said to have the same tattoo. And recently MYC got a new tattoo which brought attention to the fandom where a big letter A was seen etched on his left chest. Turns out that the tattoo says “Always keep the faith”, a line which Micky himself popularized and this is the message he would usually give out to fans giving them encouragement and the strength to hold on. Even on his minihompy on Cyworld (BlueFaith), a photo of this famous line turned tattoo is posted.
What they say about him~~
“He has that leadership where he knows what atmosphere to create and how to tidy everyone up. It’s amazing that he gets everything he puts his mind to be done. He is action over words.” -Xiah Junsu on Pinky Magazine, March 2009
“He is a thoughtful person. He has a big heart. He has a sense of manliness that is different from Yunho’s sense of manliness.” -Choikang Changmin on Pinky Magazine, March 2009
“Among the sunbaes (seniors), the one we remember the most is Micky Yoochun from Dong Bang Shin Gi. We’re so thankful. Before our debut, he would bring us snacks and supported us. We’re so moved. He gave us really good advice. We won’t forget it.” -SHINee on Channel V
Credits: Yoochun’s threadparts 4 & 5@AF
Shared by: ILoveTVXQ5